Thursday, July 28, 2011
Top 8 favorite LA desserts
My Top 8!
1. Blueberry Crisp- Mar 'Sel in Terrenea-Palos Verdes, CA
I am truly addicted to this dessert, thx Chef Fiorelli! Light flakey crust, filled with fresh juicy blueberries and a crunchy brown sugar oat topping. The vanilla bean ice cream & buttery caramel sauce served with it made each bite pure heaven! Set a record this one, finished it in just under 3 minutes...by myself! :)
2. Almond Tart- Blvd 16 in Palomar Hotel-Westwood, CA
Loved the buttery crust, reminded me of a cakey sugar cookie w/a hint of lemon. Loved the texture from the thinly sliced almonds and almonds on top! One of my all time fav desserts!
3. Lava Cake- Ma' Kai Santa Monica, CA
I am ending the "Best Lava Cake" debate here! Ma' Kai hands down has the best lava cake I have ever had, and I have tried them all! Rich chocolatey, fudgey cake filled w/more chocolatey surprise goodness! Served warm w/vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate & raspberry sauce.
4. Mud Pie-Blue Water Grill Redondo Beach, CA
The best ever oreo crust piled high w/scoops of coffee ice cream, chocolate & caramel sauce topped w/almonds, toffee, and fresh whipped cream.
5. Churros-Fred's Mexican Cafe-Huntington Beach, CA
Homemade churros!! Crunchy cinnamon sugar churros w/a warm soft middle...love them!
6. Root Beer Float-Fred 62's Los Feliz, CA
The most giant root beer float you will ever see! At least 5 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream w/spicy root beer!
7. Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich- Manhattan Beach Creamery, Manhattan Beach, CA
Not sure how to break this news but, this ice cream sandwich is better than Diddy Reece! Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies w/vanilla ice cream & dipped in milk chocolate...they have their recipes down!
8. Red Velvet Cake-Staples Center Los Angeles, CA
The first red velvet cake I have ever had...3 layers of red velvet cake, vanilla cream cheese frosting & topped w/non pareil chocolate candies. The crunch from the candies change this southern treat into something truly decadent!